Find answers to your questions below, or call us at 01484 316368
Skills 4 Life First Aid & Community Education Training
Terms & Conditions
1. These terms & conditions are between Skills 4Life Community Education (SK4L) and the customer. They replace any previous terms & conditions of SK4L and are the complete & only terms & conditions between the parties. All dealings between SK4L & the customer shall be governed by these terms and conditions which shall prevail over any others. (1. a) Please note: terms & conditions relating to Response Event Medical Cover are to be found on the REM website or upon request, the terms and conditions are departments specific (SK4L Training / REM Medical cover) and are not interchangeable.
2. These terms & conditions & any contract formed pursuant to them may be varied provided any variation is confirmed in writing by an authorised representative of SK4L
3. A binding contract will be formed when SK4L notifies its acceptance of a customer's order for goods or services (the 'Contract' ). An invoice may be dispatched or emailed prior to delivery of the goods or performance of the service and shall be payable on whichever date is sooner, within 21 days of the date of the invoice or 14 days prior to the commencement of the earliest course. If the booking is made less than 14 days prior to the commencement of a training course, payment is due BEFORE the course commences.
4. Subject to compliance with paragraph 5, if the customer is dealing as a consumer then they may cancel the contract in accordance with the consumer contracts (information, cancellation, and additional charges) Regulations 2013 up to the end of the 14th day from the date of receipt of the goods or the booking of a course. (the cancellation Date'). The customer must notify SK4L in writing on or before the Cancellation Date by letter, or email and 9in the case of goods) comply with the returns policy set out in paragraph 5. This does not affect your statutory rights. If the course is due to start within 14 days of the booking, cancellation must be received by SK4L prior to the commencement of the course.
5. To return goods the Customer must have a goods return number ('GRN'). A GRN can be obtained by telephoning SK4L and providing the invoice number. A GRN will be provided, together with instructions for returning the goods. SK4L will not accept returns without a valid GRN. All returned items must be in their original packaging, unopened and unused, and returned within 14 days of the date of issue of the GRN. The customer must pay for the cost of return unless the goods are faulty, damaged, or incorrectly supplied and will be liable for them until they reach SK4L. On receipt of the returned goods, SK4L will credit the Customer's account with any sum debited as soon as possible.
6. In the case of the provision of a training course by SK4L, certificates to prove completion of the course may be withheld by SK4L until payment is made. No refund shall be given and the full course fee shall remain payable should a delegate fail any course provided by SK4L and SK4L make no guarantee as to a delegate successfully passing any course. If a delegate does not attend the full course fees shall remain payable and no refund shall be given. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that a delegate is booked and attends the correct course. If a delegate attends a course and payment has not been received the customer will be charged interest.
7. Subject to paragraph 4 if the customer wished to cancel a booking, the customer must notify SK4L in writing by registered letter, or email (Notice of Cancellation). For the avoidance of doubt, a Notice of Cancellation will not be accepted by telephone. If SK4L receives a notice of cancellation more than 10 days prior to the commencement of the course a full refund of any course fees paid shall be given (with no cancellation penalty fees ) . If SK4l receives a Notice of Cancellation less than 10 working days prior to the commencement of the course the full course fee shall remain payable and no refund shall be given.
8. Unless specified, Value Added Tax will not be included in any price and will be charged at the rate in force at the time of quotation subject to SK4L being registered for VAT.
9. Interest on overdue invoices will be charged in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial DEBTS (Interest) Act 1998 until the date of payment and the customer will pay any reasonable expenses (not limited to expenses fixed by Court) incurred by SK4L in pursuing any outstanding debt or debts due from the customer.
10. Title to the goods shall pass when payment is made in full. For the purposes of payment of SK4L's invoice only, time is of the essence. Until payment is made in full the customer shall allow SK4L or its agents to enter its premises during business hours to inspect any goods which have not been paid for in full and remove them. The customer shall not sell, give, pledge, lend, charge or otherwise dispose of the goods before the title has passed without the written agreement of SK4L.
11. Risk of loss shall pass on delivery and all delivery times are estimates only.
12. It is the Customer's responsibility to inspect the goods on delivery. any visible defects in the goods must be notified to SK4L within 7 days of delivery during which time SK4L shall repair or replace such goods free of charge. After this time any goods with visible defects may be replaced at the Customers expense.
13. Nothing in these terms shall operate to exclude or limit SK4L's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982n or fraud.
14. SK4L shall not be liable to the Customer whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise for any loss of profit; anticipated profits; revenues; anticipated savings; goodwill or business opportunity; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever or for any failure to comply with its obligations due to an event beyond SK4L's reasonable control. SK4L's aggregate liability to the Customer whether in contract, tort 9including negligence) or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed the total sum paid or payable by the customer to SK4L under the contract.
15. SK4L shall not be liable for the mistreatment of any person or property arising out of the Customer's failure to follow the guidelines set out by SK4L in its publications or courses.
16. SK4L reserve the right to cancel and /or amend course dates, times, contents, and venues. Every effort will be made to give the Customer as much notice as possible and offer a reasonable alternative. If these are not satisfactory, SK4L shall refund in full the price of the course. No further compensation will be given.
17. The Customer shall indemnify SK4L for any loss or expense caused as a result of providing inaccurate information to SK4L, mistakes contained within the Customer's order, changes to the Contract requested by the Customer, or personal injury or death caused by the Customer not following SK4L's guidelines correctly.
18. If the Customer becomes bankrupt or enters into liquidation, administration, or administrative receivership or has a receiver of any of its assets appointed (Or ceases or threatens to cease carrying on business) SK4L shall be entitled to cancel any outstanding Contract(s) without liability to the Customer and any sums outstanding shall become immediately due and payable.
19. If the parties are unable to resolve any dispute arising between them, either party may initiate an alternative dispute resolution proceeduirewith the assistance of a mediator agreed by the parties or, in default of such agreement, appointed at the request of either party by the Centre for Dispute Resolution or such other similar body as is agreed.
20. Any written notice given under these terms and conditions shall be served either by registered post or by facsimile to the relevant party's registered/principal office listed on companies house, or, the last known address. Once delivered, these documents will be considered as 'served'.
21. No other person or body who is not a party to the contract has any rights under the contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any terms of the Contract.
22. these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Skills 4 Life Community Education Ltd, is a company registered in England and Wales with the number 13125276. The registered office is Lockwood House, Brewery Drive. Huddersfield HD4 6EN
T&C Version 3ii 2022 - Dec 30/2023
Type text here
Can't find your question? Call us now: 01484 532 500