Qualify with Our Outdoor First Aid Courses and Training throughout the UK
Call on our training centre in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, for outdoor first aid training throughout the UK. Backed by more than 30 years’ experience in the industry, our outdoor first aid courses meet the requirements for First Aid at Work as outlined in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982. Get in touch with Skills 4 Life First Aid Training & Community Education today to book your place.
Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work + F (RQF)
This qualification is aimed at those undertaking the role of a first aider in a forestry context as required by the Forestry Commission.
The following prerequisites apply for candidates on this course:
- This qualification is aimed at those over 16 who can undertake the responsibilities associated with being a workplace first aider.
- Learners between 14-16 years can undertake the qualification, but they should not be relied upon by employers to be a sole first aider.
- Due to the language of the assessment, it is recommended that learners have sufficient command of the English language to understand the assessment and to undertake the recommended assessment.
- Attendees will be required to demonstrate First Aid procedures as they would in a real work environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore be physically capable of doing so.
- This qualification is typically delivered in a face-to-face format over a 3-day period.
- Learners should complete the qualification within 10 weeks.
- Learners may complete this qualification in 2 days where they hold a valid First Aid at Work certificate, or their current certificate has not expired by more than one month.
- The maximum trainer to learner ratio for this qualification is 1:12.
Optional and Additional Units
Learners may wish to undertake the QNUK Level 3 Award in Responding to Incidents with an AED (RQF) alongside this course.
Learners are assessed for this qualification using the following methods:
- Multiple-Choice Question Paper – This assessment will take place under examination conditions, i.e. learners will sit at least 1.25 metres apart and will not be allowed to confer during the examination. No books, including dictionaries, will be permitted during the examination.
- Practical Observation – Each learner will be assessed for this qualification by the completion of an array of practical assessments.
o Duration – As Required
o Pass Mark – 100%
o Grading – Pass/Fail