When it comes to babies and children, the provision of first aid must be adapted accordingly to avoid further harm. At Community Education Skills 4 Life, in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, we run an all-inclusive paediatric first aid course. It has been designed specifically for individuals who provide care for babies and children under the age of 8. The course syllabus has been designed in accordance with the UK resuscitation guidelines (2010) and meets the requirements of:
• Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework
• Pre-School Learning Alliance
• National Child Minders Association (NCMA)
• Sure Start
• NVQ in Childcare and Education
• Independent Children’s Homes Association (ICHA)
This 12-hour course is run over two days. All students will learn a high level of practical skill and theoretical knowledge so that they can deal promptly and competently with situations that may arise when caring for children and babies.
The course is ideal for registered child minders in England and Wales as they are required to have a paediatric first aid certificate. It is also suitable for any worker that provides care for babies and children under 8 years old, including parents, nannies, au pairs, nursery workers, and playgroup leaders. People working towards an NVQ in child care and education (level 3) may also use the course as evidence.
• Risk Assessments Appropriate to Their Workplace
• Contents of First Aid Kits
• Recording Accidents and Incidents
• Medical Conditions Common in Children and Infants
• Coping with an Emergency in the Childcare Environment
• Choking – Adults, Children, and Babies
• General Paediatric Medical Conditions – Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Febrile Convulsions, Meningitis etc
• Control of Bleeding
• The Priorities of Training
• Unconsciousness – Adults, Children, and Babies
• Treatment of Minor Injuries with Emphasis on Children and Babies
Students are continuously assessed throughout the course. Upon successfully completing the course, candidates are given a paediatric first aid certificate that is valid for three years. Three months prior to the certificate’s expiry date, Community Education Skills 4 Life will send an automatic reminder to both the customer and the paediatric first aider.
Certificates can be renewed by attending a paediatric first aid training course. If you require details regarding an on-site training course, please get in touch with one of our offices or trainers who will be happy to help you arrange this.
Contact us now, in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, to book your staff onto our paediatric first aid course.